“As we continue to progress through the first phase of our five-phased approach for the OMFV program, communication, inclusive feedback and innovative thinking from industry remains key,” said Maj. Gen. Brian Cummings, the Army’s program executive officer for Ground Combat Systems. “We are looking forward to receiving feedback and learning from industry what’s in the realm of the possible as we continue to develop this truly transformational vehicle for our Soldiers.”
该RFP草案will be open for feedback for 40 days, and the feedback received from industry will help shape additional industry engagements and ultimately the final RFP for this phase of the program. The final RFP for the Preliminary Digital Design phase is planned to result in the award of up to five contracts in June of 2021 under a full and open competition.
“我们不希望箱行业到一个解决方案，”卡明斯说。“我们希望为他们前倾和创造性的思考，使陆军的创新技术和必要的解决方案，以实现我们的愿景来激励行业 - 无论是在整合我们今天所看到的和在OMFV留下空间，为未来发展新技术的能力而言，欧洲杯高清平台。”
如前所述,今年军队计划a five-phased approach to design, prototype, test and produce the OMFV. This approach focuses on encouraging innovation, maximizing competition throughout the entire program, and producing a transformational infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) that will dominate maneuver in Multi-Domain Operations (MDO).
U.S. Army OMFV Program
该Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle (OMFV) program is seeking to replace the U.S. Army’s Bradley Fighting Vehicles (BFV).
该OMFV program is part of the larger Next Generation Combat Vehicles (NGCV) program. Other programs under NGCV are Armored Multi-Purpose Vehicle, or AMPV; Mobile Protected Firepower, or MPF; future robotic combat vehicles, or RCV; and the next-generation main battle tank.
该vehicle must have the following capabilities:
• Optionally manned. It must have the ability to conduct remotely controlled operations while the crew is off platform.
• Capacity. It should eventually operate with no more than two crewmen and possess sufficient volume under armor to carry at least six Soldiers.
• Protection. It must possess requisite protection to survive on the contemporary and future battlefield.
• Growth. It will possess sufficient size, weight, architecture, power, and cooling for automotive and electrical purposes to meet all platform needs and allow for pre-planned product improvements.
• Lethality. It should apply immediate, precise and decisively lethal extended range medium caliber, directed energy, and missile fires in day/night all-weather conditions, while moving and/or stationary against moving and/or stationary targets. The platform should allow for mounted, dismount, and unmanned system target handover.